Preparing for Your First Visit
- Call to schedule an appointment at (919) 782-5911, ext.3.
- Please request any relevant medical records from previous doctors testing or treatments, and have them mailed/faxed at least two days before your appointment, or preferably bring them with you to the Carolina Conceptions office. This may include your doctor’s notes, HSGs, semen analysis, hormone values, operative notes and ultrasound reports from previous stimulation cycles. If you have had an HSG, please bring a copy of your xray.
- Request or download our new patient questionnaires, then complete them and bring into the office with your HIPPA form:
- Contact your insurance company to understand your infertility benefits, including diagnostic testing and procedures.
- After visiting with the physician you will meet with our Financial Coordinator to discuss any questions regarding insurance, payment, surgery scheduling or precertification for services.
Your First Visit
Please arrive thirty minutes before your appointment time and bring the above items to your first visit with our physicians. At that time, she or he will:
- Review your complete history
- Complete necessary physical examinations
- Construct a comprehensive testing plan
- Formulate and discuss treatment options
- Offer genetic screening for Cystic Fibrosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy and any other genetic diseases for which you may be at risk. For information on preconception genetic screening, please see the video from Counsyl. www.counsyl.com/howto/intro/
Carolina Conceptions currently participates with the following insurance companies (discounts for self pay patients who do not have infertility coverage are available):
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- United Healthcare (UHC) (please click).
If you do not call to cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled time, you will be charged a No-Show fee of $50.00. This payment must be submitted before you can schedule another appointment. If you have any questions, please contact the Practice Manager, Nikki Duncan, at 919-782-5911 x 105.
DO NOT USE A GPS NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM TO FIND OUR LOCATION – YOU MAY END UP IN DOWNTOWN RALEIGH!